Business Licensing


The purpose of a business license is to regulate and license businesses within the corporate limits of Hurricane City, to determine if businesses are operating within applicable laws and ordinances, to maintain a safe environment for the general public, and to assure that zoning, building, and fire codes are enforced.

Obtain a Business License

Obtaining a business license in Hurricane City begins by submitting a Business License Application. This application and any applicable fees must be submitted in person to the Planning and Zoning Department.

Background release form (required for massage therapy, any business related to firearms, any business dealing with minor children, or entry into a private residence). For seasonal and other temporary uses (fireworks, Christmas tree lot, etc) a temporary use permit must also be obtained. Door-to-door sales, or solicitors, need to fill out a solicitor's application and a background check release form.

Vacation Rentals

Vacation Rentals located in a single-family area are limited and they have a distance requirement between them. The total number of vacation rental licenses allowed under the ordinance in single-family zones has been issued. We are still accepting applications to go on a waitlist.

Vacation Rentals located in a Recreational Resort area are a permitted use but still require a license. The following areas are approved Recreation Resort areas:

  • Cliff View at Copper Rock
  • Coral Springs Condos
  • Golf View at Copper Rock
  • Marla at Elim Valley
  • Pecan Valley Ph 3
  • Retreat at Sand Hollow
  • Villas at Sand Hollow
  • Zion Village Townhome

Annual fire inspections are required for any type of short-term rental. You can schedule the inspection by calling Hurricane Valley Fire District at 435-635-9562.

Complaint on a Business

If you have a complaint on a Hurricane City business, please fill out this form and return it to the City office or email Cindy Beteag.

License Fees

  • Application Fee - $25
  • Beer License - $300
  • Business License - $50
  • Late Fee - $20 for 30 days past the due date
  • Solicitor License - $180
  • Transient Merchant - $50 per day or $150 for 8 consecutive days
  • Vacation Rental License - $300