- City Administration
- Utility Billing and Administration
Utility Billing and Administration
Applying for a Utility Account
Anyone needing utility services must complete and submit an application for service. A $20 turn-on or transfer fee is assessed with each application and will be billed on the first statement. Customers who are renting are required to pay a deposit of $300.
This deposit is refundable after two years of good payment history or will be applied to the final bill upon termination of the account and any remaining amount will be refunded. Please review the Security Department Policy which defines good payment history as having no more than three late payments and no balances carried into the next month over a two-year period.
Customers who have purchased real property may have the deposit waived with documentation showing ownership of the property (e.g. Buyer's Settlement Statement, Closing Disclosure, property tax billing, etc.). Please review the Security Deposit Policy for detailed information regarding the Utility department policy regarding the $300 security deposit.
- Commercial Utility Application - Download the PDF version and fill out all applicable fields. Remember to fill in the Turn-On Date at the top of the application.
- Residential Utility Application - Download the PDF version and fill out all applicable fields. Remember to fill in the Turn-On Date at the top of the application.
If you are applying by email these items must be attached and emailed to email@example.com in order to have utility service transferred:
- Copy of Photo ID/Driver License - This is needed for anyone listed as an applicant on the Utility Application.
- Proof of Ownership - if the property has been purchased (e.g. Buyer's Settlement Statement, Closing Disclosure, etc.) or a $300 deposit if it is a lease or rental (this deposit may be paid by phone if the applicant is out of the area).
- Call our office at 435-635-2811, ext. 4 to confirm we received your email.
Service connection and disconnection requests must be received by noon in order to receive same-day service. Service requests received after noon will not be processed until the following business day. Please plan your moving schedule accordingly.
BluCan Curbside Recycling
Please no styrofoam, glass, or hazardous waste.
- List of items that can/should not be placed in your BluCan
- Search and find your pickup schedule by an interactive map