About Hurricane City Parks
Hurricane City is home to mild winters and sunshine throughout most of the year, making outdoor recreation a way of life. Parks and trails promote this way of life and are welcoming resources to the community. Our parks offer amenities such as; open space, picnic areas, play structures, and ball fields. Our trails offer a walk back in time and away from the business of day-to-day life. However, new residents and those who have lived in the area for a while may not be familiar with where all of the parks/trails are and their specific amenities. Below is a quick list of the name, address, and amenities offered at each park/trail facility. For further park or trail details and pictures click on the park name.
Let's get out there and enjoy these beautiful green spaces!
Recreational activities are scheduled throughout the year at the parks. Please visit the Hurricane Recreation page for more information.
The Parks Department also maintains the City Cemetery along with other city facilities and landscaped areas throughout the city. These areas include:
- 400 S 700 W Landscape
- 400 S and 700 W Cobble Stone Landscape
- 650 S Landscape
- 1150 W Landscape
- 2000 W Landscape
- 2260 W 600 N Landscape
- American Legion Building
- Animal Shelter
- Arlington Parkway Median Landscape
- City Pool
- Fire Stations 1 and 2
- Police and Court Building
- State Street (SR-9) Center Median Landscape
- Welcome Signs at North, East, and West entrances to the city
For the eleventh year in a row, Hurricane has been recognized as a Tree City USA Community by the Arbor Day Foundation. The trees in our community not only add beauty to our neighborhoods but also provide environmental and health benefits to our residents.
In order to keep our parks "family-friendly" for all residents and to maintain the condition of the parks, the following rules apply to all city parks:
- No dogs (Exceptions: Dog Park, Grandpa's Pond where dogs are restricted to paved pathways and sidewalks and must be on a leash at all times.)
- No skateboards, bikes, etc.
- No smoking, alcohol, illegal substances
- Parks are not open after dark
Please help all our visitors and residents by following the rules of the parks.