Starting July 1, 2023 all residential plans must meet the 2021 International Residential Code and commercial plans must meet the 2021 International Building Code.
If you are building in a utility easement you must have a utility easement form signed by the property owner and notarized.
New Single Family Residential Building Permit Information
Please request inspections online with City Inspect or call in your inspection requests at 435-288-0131.
Inspection requests must be made by 3PM the business day BEFORE.
- ALL new construction permits must submit an Acknowledgement Waiver and Release Form signed by the property owner and notarized. The original wet stamped form is required to be provided to the City upon permit pick up.
- ALL new construction permits being built owner builder must submit a signed and notarized Owner Builder Form. The original wet stamped form is required to be provided to the City upon permit pick up.
Applying for Building Permits and Requesting Inspections
You can now apply for Building Permits and request inspections ONLINE!
ONLINE PAYMENTS COMING SOON!
Required Building Forms
- Acknowledge Waiver and Release Form
- Notice to Contractors
- Underground Power Construction Standards (not required in Dixie Power areas)
- New Construction Power Policy (not required in Dixie Power areas)
Impact Fee Schedules
Accessory Building Permits
Schedule inspections by calling the Inspection Line at 435-635-2811, ext. 198. We do not do same day inspections. You must call in by 3:00pm the BUSINESS day before.